Tourism is rapidly growing industry which is connected to many other areas of human life; overall economy, politics, environment, socio-cultural etc. That is why it has complicated nature and multiple characteristics. The traveler’s destination is a physical unit that is seen by a tourist. It’s rather a town, community, region, country, or continent even. Different tourist destinations have different degree of significance depending on attraction, accessibility, and amenities. All types of services that are needed through the journey, during the stay static in the destination even though using tourism products can be studied as tourist services. Transportation services, accomodation, catering, and entertainment facilities come under tourist services.
Tourist products are those appeal or activity that any destination offer to the vacationers; existing or potential. The components of a tourist’s trip, comprising what he will on the true way to the destination even though remaining there, comprises the tourist product. Visitor services and the tourist products might sound similar, but there’s a significant difference. Tourist product may consist of several tourist services that combine it may serve as a single product. For example, nice hospitality in a terrace of resort in Nagarkot, transportation to there, good food, and pleasurable music in the background types of tourist services. Together with the view of Himalayas, they make a standard tourism product; connection with excellent panoramic mountain view.
In the language of Economics, market is the process/network of dealing between buyers and sellers of products. In narrow meaning, it denotes the place where the process of buying and selling occurs. Generally tourism industry, market means a particular group of buyers (tourists) who buy/purchase specific tourist products of specific, particular destinations. · Tourism is service featured predominantly. · In tourism, people, and money is transformed, but products/attraction not.
· It really is the sum of plenty of synchronized efforts. Whereas, there are several characteristics of tourism which make it distinctive from other sectors. Tourism is based on tangible products but intangible/ non-material in reality. For instance, Bhaktapur Durbar square is tangible heritage but transportation to there, guiding services, local people’s attitude, cleanliness etc that are linked with travel and leisure product are not tangible. Tourism is a combination of financial and non-economic elements. For example, generation of income for the government employment opportunities etc are economic in term and can be measured. · It is the amount of several activities of numerous organizations and individuals; tourism board, tourism businessmen, residents, and politics parties even.
- Did you know you’re supposed to change your mascara every three months
- Warm Autumn
- Finish with a light moisturizer
- Teach the client and family to recognize and manage urinary contamination
- Be happy with the tiny you have. There are some people with nothing at all who…
- Who Gets Eczema
Tourism is very delicate in nature; problems and incident can leave long-lasting footprint. In today’s context, global economic depression is leading to recession in many long-haul destination like Nepal. Tourism products are perishable; if not found in time, cannot be kept for the next period. For instance, the beauty and also to travel and leisure products of Chitwan nationwide park during political strikes cannot be kept for the future.
Tourism has Unlimited possibilities. Even in desert location, thriving holiday destinations like Dubai are increasing. Small island like Macao is bringing in more than 20 million travelers per 12 months and each place may possess unexplored travel and leisure potentiality. · Tourism multidisciplinary subject. It is connected to many other social sciences and with environment even. That’s why any tourism issue links with numerous stakeholders.